1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our Web site).
We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site and to ensure that our site and services run properly.
We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below).
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use an OakCraft application for a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you download a brochure, request a brochure or estimate. or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
3. How we use your information?
We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 5 deals with this in more detail;
(2) ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(3) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(4) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots;
4.2 We use the following types of cookie:
Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
4.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
5. Managing your cookies preferences
5.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
5.2 If you would prefer to just restrict third party cookies, visit www.youronlinechoices.com or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
8. Disclosing your information
8.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
8.2 We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf e.g. sub-contractors
8.3 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.